Leveraging more than 50 years of passion and performance, Shelby American, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., today unveiled the all-new 2017 Shelby GTE (for Enhancement) during Mustang Club of America’s celebration at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Inspired by the success of the Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H programs, the Shelby GTE offers legendary performance at an affordable price.
- Expanding on 50+ years of tradition and performance, Shelby American unveils the all-new 2017 Shelby GTE at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- The all-new Shelby GTE is immediately available in North America
- Shelby GTE delivers high-performance for an enviable price with unlimited upgrade options through the Shelby Performance Parts catalog
“From the Ferrari-beating Shelby Cobra to the 1965 Shelby G.T.350, Shelby American has always delivered world-class performance at a great value for everyone, not just the one percenters,” saidJoe Conway, Co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American. “Our newest cars are cast from that same mold, delivering affordable excitement for everyone. When the public begged for a version of the Ford Shelby GT-H rental car that they could own, we applied the winning formula from the Hertz program to the Mustang. Working with our friends at Ford Performance, we created an affordable car that delivers full-throttle excitement and remarkable styling.”
In 2006, Shelby, Ford and Hertz launched a new rental car program. When the public clamored for a consumer version of it, the 2007 Shelby GT was launched and sold through American Ford dealers. The Shelby GT matched the performance capabilities of the rental version but could be optioned with a manual transmission and as a convertible.
Ten years later, Shelby GTE is based on the all new world-class Ford Mustang. Complete with an independent rear suspension and several powertrain options, it is the best performance Mustang in history. With Ford now exporting the Mustang globally, plans are being developed to offer the Shelby GTE outside of the USA and Canada, also.
“Every high-octane attribute expected of a Shelby car is incorporated into an affordable package that will be available at any of our North American mod shops,” said Keith Belair, COO of Shelby American. “The Shelby GTE gives every fan the opportunity to drive the sports car of their dreams.”
Under the hood of this Shelby,customers can choose Ford’s iconic 5.0 V8 engine that pumps out 456 horsepower or the powerful 2.3L Eco-Boost engine that delivers a head turning 335 horsepower. Additional performance upgrades include a Ford Performance cat-back exhaust and handling pack, as well as 19 inch Ford Performance wheels.
One look at the pony car reveals unique Shelby styling. The car is fitted with official badges, Shelby-designed vented hood, carbon fiber front splitter and rear spoiler. Inside,it also features Shelby GTE logos on the head restraint, sill plates and floor mats.
Unlike the rental car program, the Shelby GTE is available in either fastback or convertible, as well as manual or automatic transmission. Thanks to Shelby’s network of partners, enthusiasts will be able to experience world-class performance that has become synonymous with the Shelby brand.
“The Shelby GTE can be easily tailored for the road or the track, or even both” said Shelby American Vice President Gary Patterson. “And with our full range of Shelby performance parts, the possibilities are endless. If you can dream it, we can build it.”
Shelby American introduced the all-new Shelby cars at historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the Mustang Club of America’s 40th anniversary celebration. After the unveiling and presentation of Shelby American’s latest Mustang, the all-new Shelby GTE will move to the Dallara Indy Car factory.It will be the centerpiece of a special Team Shelby event.
The cars will be assembled by Shelby American at its assembly facility in Las Vegas or authorized North American mod-shops. Every car will be listed in the official Shelby Registry. For more information about the all-new Shelby cars or a list of authorized dealers worldwide, visit www.shelby.com.
Shelby GTE Specifications
Ford Performance Parts
- Ford Performance Handling Pack
- Ford Performance cat back Exhaust
- Ford Performance Power Pack:(V8 only): 456* Horsepower / 424* lbs-ft of Torque
Shelby GTE Engine Tune
- 2.3L EcoBoost engine tune: 335* Horsepower / 390* lbs-ft of Torque
- Shelby spec performance tires
- Ford Performance wheels (19×9 front and 19×5 rear)
- Shelby GTE hood & vents
- Shelby GTE upper and lower grilles
- Shelby GTE rocker panels with carbon fiber accent plates
- Shelby GTE rear spoiler
- Shelby GTE striping and badging
- Ford Performance front splitter
- Powered by Ford Performance emblem
- Shelby GTE front grill emblem and Shelby c-pillar emblem
- Rear GTE emblem
- Washer nozzle relocation kit
- Shelby GTE dash plaque
- Shelby GTE head restraint cover set
- Shelby GTE sill plates
- Shelby GTE serialized dash plaque and engine plate
- Backlit Shelby GTE door sill plates
- Shelby GTE headrests
- Shelby GTE floor mats
- Shelby GTE engine plaque
- Shelby GTE engine cap kit
- Factory Supercharger (5.0L), 670 to 750+ horsepower
- Track ready cooling systems: engine, transmission, brakes and differential
- Forged Shelby wheels
- Track ready suspension systems
- Short-throw shifter
- One-piece drive shaft
- 3:73 or 3:55 gears
- Wavetrac® differential
- Shelby twin disc clutch kit
- Carbon fiber body components
- Convertible light bar
- Painted Or raw finish:
- Hood and rockers
- Mirror caps
- Tail light panel
- Rear diffuser
- Interior seating upholstery upgrade
- Shelby multi-gauge cluster
- Shelby engine cap kit
- Rear seat delete kit
* Estimated specifications with ratings to be finalized