Shelby American, Inc. has announced they plan to introduce the 750+ supercharged V8 Terlingua Racing Team Shelby at Barrett-Jackson’s Scottsdale Auction on Jan. 26, 2016. A limited number of the amazing new Shelby performance cars will be built based on the 2015-16 Ford Mustang GT, America’s best-selling sports car.
- Only 75 total (50 for the USA and 25 international) Shelby Terlingua Mustangs will be built
- 750+ supercharged V8 offered for the first time in a Shelby Terlingua Mustang
- Each car comes with a plaque honoring Carroll Shelby, Bill Neale and Jerry Titus
“We poured our most advanced racing and development efforts for the Ford Mustang platform into our Terlingua Racing Team edition Shelby cars,” said Joe Conway, Co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American. “Working closely with key partners like Ford Performance, these exclusive cars represent the pinnacle of track-inspired performance that we’ve built for the current generation of Mustangs.”
Ever since Shelby American introduced the highly sought after, limited edition V6 Terlingua Mustang in 2006, fans of the Terlingua Racing Team brand and eponymous jackrabbit logo have wondered when a V8 version would be available. In cooperation with Bill Neale, one of the Terlingua founders and Terlingua Racing Team crest designer, that wait is over. Shelby American will build a total 75 (50 for the USA and 25 international) of 750+ horsepower Shelby Terlingua Racing Team Mustangs.
“The Terlingua Racing Team Crest has been part of racing lore since 1965 when a Shelby G.T.350R won its first race in Texas,” said Doug White, Ford Performance Parts manager. “A Terlingua Racing Team Shelby then won the 1967 Trans Am Series with Jerry Titus behind the wheel. That spirit has returned. It’s thrilling that the new Terlingua Shelby uses some of our most advanced technology to give those who value its rich heritage an even more driver-focused experience.”
Last year, Ford introduced an entirely new Mustang that captured the attention of enthusiasts worldwide. The sleek car has a powerful V8 engine, slick shifting 6 speed transmission, sophisticated independent rear suspension and stylish interior. It was also designed for international markets, giving more people the chance to enjoy genuine American performance.
Shelby customers can choose to build their Terlingua on either the manual or automatic transmission 2015-16 model year 5.0L V8 Mustang GT.
“We chose to develop the Shelby Terlingua using the bullet-proof 5.0L V8 engine in the Mustang GT based on the thousands of hours we spent in product testing and development on the track,” said Akos Feher, Vice President of Operations Shelby American. “The new Mustang GT is an incredible platform that gives Shelby an opportunity to offer serious enthusiasts even more performance wrapped in the iconic Shelby Terlingua Racing Team banner.”
Specifications for the Shelby Terlingua build upon the exciting new Shelby Super Snake. On top of the 750+horsepower supercharged engine, the Terlingua Shelbys will be built with racetrack-proven Ford Performance half-shafts, short-throw shifters and Borla exhausts, as well as exclusive Shelby by Eibach adjustable coil overs and sway bar, Brembo brakes and updated, more aggressive carbon fiber exterior parts.
In honor of the Terlingua Racing Team legacy, all cars will carry an autograph plaque of Bill Neale, Carroll Shelby and Jerry Titus, the 1967 Trans Am Champion winning driver.
“The Terlingua Racing Team was founded in the 1960’s by a rough and ready group who was as passionate about playing as we were about racing,” said Bill Neale. “From our wild weekends on the Rio Grande in South Texas to racetracks across the world, the Terlingua Racing Team took no prisoners. The team crest and racing livery that I designed came to symbolize that raucous, irreverent lifestyle that thumbed its nose at the establishment.”
One of the key aspects of the new Terlingua Shelby is its flexibility. Those who want to make it a track day racecar can add a host of upgrades including a Barton short-throw shifter, Sparco race seats, 4-point harness and a roll cage. It’s the perfect car to drive to the track in style, lay down some fast laps and then drive home again.
“The development of the Terlingua represents a renewed emphasis on race-inspired hot-rodding by Shelby American,” said Keith Belair, Shelby American Chief Operating Officer. “We expect to have more of that to offer the Ford Mustang customers in the coming year.”
The Shelby Terlingua Racing Team Mustang starts at $65,999, not including the base Ford Mustang GT. More information is available at www.Shelby.com, emailing Sales@Shelby.com or by calling (702) 942-7325.
2015-2016 Shelby Terlingua Racing Team Mustang Specifications:
- Carbon Fiber Shelby GT Hood with Terlingua vents
- Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
- Carbon Fiber Shelby GT Rocker Panels
- Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
- Carbon Fiber Rear Terlingua Spoiler
- Carbon Fiber Taillight Panel
- Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
- Carbon Fiber Brake Cooling Intakes
- Terlingua Anodized Front Grille and Lower Front Grille
- Terlingua Racing Team External Badging
- Ford Performance short-throw shifter
- Carbon Fiber 3 Gauge Dash Pod for Oil, Fuel and Boost
- CSM Badging on the dash and engine
- Autograph plaque of Bill Neale, Carroll Shelby and Jerry Titus
- Terlingua Racing Team Branded Headrest Covers
- Terlingua Racing Team Floor mats
- Shelby Terlingua Racing Team Sill Plates
- Yellow Whipple 750+hp supercharger
- Ford Performance Half Shafts
- Ford Performance 3.73 Gears
- Coolant Reservoir and HD Radiator
- Shelby by Eibach adjustable suspension
- Black 20” WELD Racing Wheels with high performance tires
- Camber/Caster Plates
- Brake Cooling Kit
- Yellow Brembo 6-piston front (4-piston rear) Brakes
- Ford Performance by Borla Exhaust with black tips
- Penske shocks
- Barton short-throw shifter
- Sparco race seats
- Yellow 5-point harness
- 4-point roll bar
- Terlingua Katzkin Upholstery Upgrade
- Shelby Engine Valve Cover
- Carbon Fiber Latch Cover